Community Investment Program
Supporting the financial health and well-being of our members is at the heart of what we do. At Conexus, we’re here to provide practical help and solutions to support your financial health, and in turn, the overall well-being of families and community. Research shows "48% of Saskatchewan families are living pay cheque to pay cheque" - Canadian Payroll Association, 2016 National Payroll Week Survey.
Our Community Investment priority is the Financial Well-Being of members and their communities.We partner with community organizations willing to help make a meaningful difference in the financial well-being of our members, their families and communities. Together, we do this through programs and initiatives that promote financially healthy behaviours and a sense of satisfaction, confidence and emotional well-being related to money (or finances).
As a financial institution our contribution to society is the positive impact we can have on the financial well-being of our communities, and as a financial cooperative we have a greater ability to do this as our motivations are not conflicted shareholders and customers, they are one and the same - members.
About our Program
We have one priority – the Financial Well-being of our members.
We partner with community organizations willing to help make a meaningful difference in the financial well-being of our members, their families and communities. Together, we do this through programs and initiatives that promote financially healthy behaviours and a sense of satisfaction, confidence and emotional well-being related to money (or finances).
To qualify for support from Conexus, an initiative must align with our key priority – Financial Well-being and meet our community investment guidelines. We support non-profit and charitable organizations.
The following examples DO NOT qualify:
- Individual pursuits
- Conferences, symposiums, assemblies, trade shows or workshops
- School funding other than financial literacy initiatives
- Playground funding
- Daycare funding
- Playschool funding
- Team funding
- Uniform funding
- Equipment funding
- Travel funding (within the province or otherwise)
- Research funding (including medical research)
- Deficit or retroactive funding
- Marketing materials
- Websites, publishing costs
- Advertising, including direct mail solicitation
- Religious group, events or projects
- Lobby and advocacy groups
- Political parties or affiliated events
- Membership fees
- Controversial issues
Note: Conexus does not donate its financial products and services as part of our Community Investment Program. Conexus is committed to building strong relationships within our communities and offers charitable and non-profit community organizations free service charge account.
Use the following questions to help evaluate your application.
- Does your request meet the eligibility guidelines?
- Does your request align with the key priority of Financial Well-being?
- Does your organization have an active business relationship with Conexus?
- Is there potential for business development in the near future?
- Who will benefit from your program?
- How will Conexus benefit?
- What other sponsors are participating?
- How will you measure success?
- What is the financial literacy or entrepreneurial component of your initiative?
Note: At all times, Conexus Credit Union Code of Conduct and standards for business conduct apply when evaluating requests for support.
How to Apply
Submit your Application
Step 1 – Review the eligibility guidelines. If your request falls outside of the guidelines it is unlikely that it will be approved. Allow us time to properly assess your application - a minimum of six weeks in advance of your deadline. Requests that are larger in scope and dollar value require additional evaluation time.
Step 2 – Click Submit Your Application to begin the simple-to-use online application form. The application will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. You can print the application and use it as a working copy then enter the information on-line. Attach supporting documents to strengthen your application.
Step 3 – After the online application has been submitted, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of the request.
If you experience problems filling in the on-line application, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before completing the online application for funding, applicants should ensure that their organizations’ project, event, activity or program meets our eligibility guidelines for community investment.
If your request is of a larger nature, it might take longer for us to respond.
- Up to $10,000 within 6 weeks
- Up to $50,000 within 3 months
- Up to $100,000 within 4 months
- Over $100,000 within 6 months
For any questions regarding the community investment program please email: email@example.com. Do not submit your request to this email address. Only requests received through the on-line application form will be considered.