Opening an Account
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Step 1:Complete our online account application. We realize your time is valuable, which is why it will only take a few minutes to complete.
Step 2:A member of our team will contact you within two business days to discuss your application and answer any questions you have prior to visiting a branch.
Last and final step, visit your closest Conexus Credit Union to complete your application. When you visit the branch, please bring two pieces of valid identification.
Valid identification consists of two pieces of identification from List A or one piece from List A and one piece from List B.
List A Expand/Collapse
- Valid Canadian Drivers Licence (Photo and signature required)
NOTE: A drivers licence picture ID card is not a valid driver’s licence unless it is accompanied by the Annual Drivers Licence And Automobile Accident Insurance Certificate.
- Current Canadian Passport (Photo and signature required)
- Provincial Health Card (only if it is not prohibited by provincial or territorial legislation)
- Certificate of Indian Status Card (Photo and signature required
- Old Age Security card issued by the Government of Canada
- Birth Certificate issued in Canada
- Social Insurance (SIN) card
- Provincial or Federal Canadian Government Issued ID card (Photo and signature required)
- Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
- A Permanent Resident card or Citizenship and Immigration Canada Form IMM 1000 or IMM 1442
- Valid Foreign
List B: Expand/Collapse
- Major Canadian Credit Card (Name & Signature required)
- Student Identification Card issued from a known institution
- Canadian Bank Debit/ABM Card - Other than Conexus (Name & Signature required)
- Workers Visa issued by the Government of Canada
- Employee identity card with a photo issued by an employer well known in the community.
When you open an account at Conexus you are governed by the Terms and Conditions for Financial Services.
For a copy of these terms and conditions, visit your local branch or view them online.