Gold CHOICE REWARDS® MasterCard®
- Annual Fee: $120 annual fee ($96 no rewards attached)
- Interest Rate: 19.49%
- Collect 1 point for every $1 spent
- Extensive travel health insurance
- Premium features MasterTrip, MasterRental, MasterPurchase
- Receive 5,000 points upon approval
Apply now for a Gold CHOICE REWARDS MasterCard and receive 5,000 CHOICE REWARDS points!
Choice Rewards® program Expand/Collapse
- Earn 1 point for every $1 charged for retail purchases. Redeem points for brand-name merchandise, non-restrictive travel, cash-back rewards, gift certificates or donate your points to charity.
Out-of-Province/Country Travel Health Plan Expand/Collapse
- Covers the first 15 days of each trip outside your home province or country up to $2,000,000 per insured person including:
- hospital room and board charges
- emergency hospital and health care professional services
- emergency treatments and prescription drugs
- emergency dental care
- emergency medical transportation
- return home, if required for further medical attention
- friend and family hospital visits if insured person is travelling alone and hospitalized for more than 3 consecutive days
- return of dependent children
- return of your vehicle
- return of deceased
- Coverage applies to cardholder and spouse under the age of 75, and eligible dependent children.
- Travel assistance, including 24-hour assistance to confirm coverage, arrange and pay for emergency medical transportation: maintain contact with you and your treating physician, and provide travel document and ticket replacement assistance.
- All benefits and coverages outlined above are subject to the provisions as outlined in the certificate of insurance that accompanies your card.
- Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance - up to $500,000 coverage when your ticket is purchased with your MasterCard.
- Unexpected Return Home Benefits - in the event of a death in your immediate family, you are covered for up to $2,000 for return travel.
- Accidental Death Insurance - $1,000 will be paid to your beneficiary if you sustain accidental bodily injury causing death.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Applies if you, a family member, or a traveling companion falls ill, experiences serious injuries or passes on unexpectedly, and requires you to cancel your tickets at the last minute.
- Coverage applies to cardholder and spouse up to age 69 and dependent children travelling with you.
- Tickets will be refunded up to $3,000 per account per trip
- At least 75% of the down payment for the trip must have been paid with your MasterCard.
- Baggage Delay - if your luggage is delayed or misdirected for more than 24 hours, you're covered for up to $300 in emergency purchases of essential items.
- Emergency Services
- Pre-trip information.
- Emergency cash transfer.
- Lost document and ticket replacement.
- Lost luggage assistance.
- 90-day purchase protection:
- Protection against loss, theft and damage for most items purchased with your MasterCard.
- Items will be replaced or repaired, or you will be reimbursed the purchase price.
- Items given as gifts are also covered.
- Some limitations apply.
- Extended warranty:
- The manufacturer's warranty is automatically extended for up to two additional years for most items purchased with your MasterCard.
- Warranty must be valid in Canada. Other limitations apply; see the certificate of insurance when you receive your card.
When you rent a car with your MasterCard, you're protected with:
- Collision damage waiver benefit - equivalent to that offered by the car rental company, provided you decline the car rental company's optional collision damage waiver.
- Car rental accidental death and dismemberment benefits – up to $300,000 per accident for you, your spouse and dependent children.
- Personal effects benefits – if your rental car is damaged or stolen, any personal effects in the car are covered up to $1,000 per insured person, up to $2,000 per rental period.
- Legal referrals and payment assistance - in those countries that the MasterAssist Operations Centre deems safe for travel, you will be assisted in locating a legal advisor and in paying legal fees up to $5,000 (billable to your MasterCard account and subject to credit availability).
Optional Balance Protection Insurance Expand/Collapse
- The Balance Protection Plan allows MasterCard credit card account holders to continue to make minimum monthly payments if they experience a job layoff, disability, illness or accident. The total balance, up to a maximum of $10,000, is paid in the event of loss of life. Premiums are 90 cents per $100 of the current monthly balance. Taxes may apply in certain provinces. Upon initiation, the service charge is automatically added to the cardholder's monthly statement. The service can be cancelled at any time.
Core Features Expand/Collapse
- World-wide global acceptance serving consumers in 210 countries and territories
- 24-hour lost/stolen card assistance
- World's largest ATM network
- Emergency cards and cash advances