Student CHOICE REWARDS® MasterCard®
- Annual Fee: $24 annual fee ($0 no rewards attached)
- Interest Rate: 19.49%
- Collect 1 point for every $1
- MasterPurchase, MasterTrip
- Receive 1000 points upon approval
Start building a credit rating - before you enter the workforce! This card is the perfect "starter" card for post-secondary students over the age of majority. With low annual fee, you'll see the rewards, convenience and security this card offers, as you build your financial future.
CHOICE REWARDS Expand/Collapse
- Earn 1 point for every $1 charged for retail purchases. Redeem points for brand-name merchandise, non-restrictive travel, cash-back rewards, gift certificates or donate your points to charity.
- Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance - up to $100,000 coverage when your ticket is purchased with your MasterCard.
- Baggage Delay - if your luggage is delayed or misdirected for more than 24 hours, you're covered for up to $300 in emergency purchases of essential items
- 90-day purchase protection:
- Protection against loss, theft and damage for most items purchased with your MasterCard.
- Items will be replaced or repaired, or you will be reimbursed the purchase price.
- Items given as gifts are also covered.
- Some limitations apply.
- Extended warranty:
- The manufacturer's warranty is automatically extended for up to two additional years for most items purchased with your MasterCard.
- Warranty must be valid in Canada. Other limitations apply; see the certificate of insurance when you receive your card.
Optional Balance Protection Insurance Expand/Collapse
- The Balance Protection Plan allows MasterCard credit card account holders to continue to make minimum monthly payments if they experience a job layoff, disability, illness or accident. The total balance, up to a maximum of $10,000, is paid in the event of loss of life. Premiums are 90 cents per $100 of the current monthly balance. Taxes may apply in certain provinces. Upon initiation, the service charge is automatically added to the cardholder's monthly statement. The service can be cancelled at any time.
Core Features Expand/Collapse
- World-wide global acceptance serving consumers in 210 countries and territories
- 24-hour lost/stolen card assistance
- World's largest ATM network
- Emergency cards and cash advances
Lost & Stolen Cards
- within Canada and US - 1-800-561-7849
- outside Canada and US - 1-306-566-1276 (collect)