Personal financial management (PFM), is a user-friendly and intuitive online banking feature that lets you see and understand your money. By safely and securely linking your accounts from other financial institutions, you can leverage PFM’s spending and budgeting tools to show you how you spend, save and make decisions that are right for your future.
- See your transactions automatically categorized and graphically displayed in the account summary page.
- Create and manage budgets based on your spending habits.
- Add assets and liabilities (e.g. car, home, or even money under the mattress) so you can see a more complete picture of your finances.
- View your spending and budgets using the mobile website and mobile app.
What does my new Online Banking look like? Expand/Collapse
Now that our personal financial management feature has been introduced, your home page for online banking now looks similar to this.
See your spending
It’s easier to plan when you can see a snapshot of how and where you spend your money. All your transactions are automatically categorized and displayed in clear charts and graphs, updated daily. Assign and re-assign transactions to different categories. Personalize your categories so they make sense to you, it’s easy.
Spending at a glance Expand/Collapse
For a bird’s eye view of your spending, you can choose to view Spending by Category to see the categories where you’ve spent the most. Choose Spending Over Time to see how much you’ve spent in each category over a specified period of time.
Budgets help you manage your money better, especially when they reflect your actual spending. A default budget has already been set up. But personalizing it is easy. It could be eating out: $250/month or coffee: $50/month.
Achieve your financial goals Expand/Collapse
From the left column under the My Accounts shortcut, you can click the Manage Budgets shortcut to display the Manage Budgets. At the top of the page under Manage Budgets, the page displays the amounts budgeted spent during the current month. The table below the current month’s spending shows the following budget information:
- The amount spent for each category or subcategory under Spending
- The budget for each category or subcategory under Budget
- The percentage of budget spent under % Spent
PFM will automatically generate default budgets for each category and subcategory, based on the last five months of spending the across all linked accounts. However, you can replace these budgets for each category by clicking Set a Budget above the table or a category/subcategory within the row.
Keep it simple
To make things easy, we’ve done our best to categorize all your transactions automatically. If you want to customize these categories, or change the category for a particular transaction, you can. You can also apply modifications exclusively to future transactions, or for both future and past transactions.
How do I change my transaction's category? Expand/Collapse
We have done our best to categorize your transactions, however, if you have a category that is not correct it is simple to select a new category.
- Click on the description of the transaction you want to categorize.
- From here you can change the description of your transaction as well as change the category.
- Once you have selected the new category, click save and you are done.
Note: If you want the transaction to be categorized the same way in the future, you can create a rule. Managing categories and rules can be found on the right hand side of your account activity page.
All your finances all in one place
View everything in one place by linking your accounts:
- held at service partners such as CUETS or Credential
- held at other financial institutions
Transactions and account activity from linked accounts become visible in your online banking at Conexus Credit Union, allowing your expenses from these sources to be included in your budgets and spending analysis.
How do I link my Conexus MasterCard®? Expand/Collapse
In order to link your Conexus CUETS MasterCard® you must have your own userid and password issued through www.choicerewards.ca. You cannot use your spouses / coapplicant userid and password as Online Banking associates the account linking with each cardholder’s unique 16 digit card number.
- Locate Partner Accounts on the My Accounts page.
- Click on "Link a partner account"
- Click on "CHOICE REWARDS MasterCard" under the Link a Credit Card
- Click on "Link an account here"
- Read “Terms and Conditions” and click on “I Agree” to accept the terms and conditions
- Enter “Username” for www.cucardsonline.com
- Click on “Sign In”
- Enter “Password”
- Account linking congratulations message will appear if the MasterCard account successfully links. Follow the directions in the message to view the credit card information and close this window
- logout of your online banking
- log back in to your online banking
How do I link my external accounts? Expand/Collapse
To link most of your external accounts you will need to provide additional information (e.g. account number, valid userid and password to the applicable online account, etc.).
- Locate "External Accounts" on the My Accounts page.
- Click on "Link an external account"
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- You will be able to search for another financial institute, credit card, rewards, etc by typing in the name or entering the URL.
View the FAQs for more information.
Tips & Tricks
Complete your picture
Here are some other features of PFM that can help you with completing your financial picture.
Do you have multiple accounts? Expand/Collapse
You can set up a group to see your spending at a glance. Combine all your primary accounts, so you can view what you want to see.
- Click on the "Manage Groups" link in the left hand navigation
- Click on "Create a new group"
- Chose a name for your group
- Select the accounts you want in your group
- Click "Create a group"
Do you have other assets and liabilities? Expand/Collapse
Add assets and liabilities (e.g. car, home, or even money under the mattress) so you can see a more complete picture of your finances.
- Locate "Assets and Liabilities" on the My Accounts page
- Click on "Add value of house, vehicle or cash"
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- Add your additional assets and liabilities
Can I see my budgets and spending in the mobile app? Expand/Collapse
You will be able to stay up to date with your spending and check on your budgets on the go using the Conexus Mobile App or mobile web.